Q.Do I need to make an appointment, or can I just walk in?
A. We have two “Walk In Days”: Thursday and Friday. Every other day we ask that an appointment is made. This helps enhance your experience by shortening your wait time and ensuring that we are giving your items our full attention. To make an appointment, call us at 502.454.8181 and one of our staff members will be happy to help you find a date and time for an appointment that fits your needs.
Q.How do I get reimbursed for my items?
A. We have three different options for how you can be reimbursed:
Buying Outright or “cash on the spot”. With this option, you get 35% of the selling price of your items in cash immediately.
Store Credit or “trade”. With this option you get 50% of the selling price of your items in store credit immediately.
Consignment. With this option you get 45% of the selling price of your items. We will put your items on our floor for 60 days, and mark them down 20% during the last two weeks. You will be reimbursed via a check mailed to you as the items sell.
For an in depth look at the policies, click here: Resale Policies
Q.What are you looking at when you decide what clothes to buy?
A. We take a lot of different brands and styles! Here is a short list of things we will be looking for.
1) Wear and damage. Clothes must be in new or nearly new condition. We don’t accept items with stains, holes, missing buttons, misshapen silhouettes, fading, scuffs, or pilling.
2) Older pieces that could fit into the current style. We know that skirt might be from the 70′s; but if it’s stylish and in good condition, we think it will fit into the modern shopper’s wardrobe.
3) While we do take cocktail style apparel, we do not accept bridal or formal wear.
4) We don’t look at brands until it comes to pricing, so we accept most brands! Here is a list of our top 20 brands to help you get an idea of what sells for us:
…also brands from Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.
5) If your not sure, bring it in anyway! We are always happy to go through it for you, regardless.
Q. What season are you taking?
A. We start taking Spring/Summer in January, and Fall/Winter in July. We don’t take some seasonal items, like flip-flops, swimwear, or genuine fur.
Q. How does your donation work? Where do your donations go?
A. When you bring your items in to us, we will ask you if you would like us to donate the items we do not accept or if you would like them back with you. If you choose to donate, your items will be sent to One For All Store. One For All is a non profit consignment and thrift shop whose proceeds go to the House of Ruth. We can provide you with a tax credit receipt upon request.
For more information on the One For All Store, click here: One For All
For more information on the House of Ruth, click here: House of Ruth
If there are any other questions you have that have not been answered here, please feel free to contact us via email: email@example.com, via telephone: 502.454.8181, or stop by 1608 Bardstown Road, Unit 2!